Sullivan's Island, SC

Completion: 2002

Size: 30,555 sf

The century old Church of the Holy Cross, located on Sullivan’s Island, has a proud and steadfast history. Built in 1907, the original stone edifice solemnly served this ocean front congregation, however was becoming inadequate in size. A new Traditional Worship Sanctuary, Contemporary Worship Sanctuary / Multi-Purpose Building as well as education and support spaces were weaved onto this campus. The style of the structures draws from the casual island vernacular while materials were selected for ease of maintenance and operation. The buildings were sited to create outdoor “rooms” for gathering and fellowship.