top of page
THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS
Sullivans Island, SC
The Church of the Holy Cross Sullivans Island, SC: Projects
The Church of the Holy Cross Sullivans Island, SC: Image
The century-old Church of the Holy Cross, located on Sullivan’s Island, has a proud and steadfast history. Built in 1907, the original stone edifice solemnly served this oceanfront congregation; however, it was becoming inadequate in size.
A total of 30,555 square feet, the project was constructed in three phases:
Contemporary Worship Building and Education Building
Traditional Worship Building
Education Building renovation with linking porches
All independently constructed phases enable integration into the island’s casual architecture, address both of the fronting streets, and create an internal atmosphere of community.
Completed in 2002, the siting of the buildings incorporates a series of outdoor flexible gathering spaces that can be used for a variety of functions, such as playground, fellowship, and contemplative spaces, and the selected materials were chosen due to their ease of maintenance and operation.
The Church of the Holy Cross Sullivans Island, SC: Text
The Church of the Holy Cross Sullivans Island, SC: Pro Gallery
bottom of page